Wednesday, July 30, 2008

From the land of Dish Dash to Desh

So Im off on my vacation and can you believe it, Im actually blogging sitting at the airport...ah ah tech savvy me huh... Ive always scorned and given cold looks at people working on their laptops in airports. Always wondered if pple are that busy that things cant wait.. and I thought to myself well Ive probably not reached that stage in my professional life .. but here Iam putting on a serious face and keying away happily. I bet the passers by are thinking exactly wht I used to...

Its after a very long time Im travelling alone to desh... Im travelling light... and right in front of me at the check-in counter, I see the all familiar sight, a husband & wife having a I-told-u-so conversation, since obviously the baggage had exceeded the magical figure of 40 + 40 + 10 Hand + 5 Leg allowances.. and here I was with a proud been-there... done-that look... Its a such a pleasure to travel light believe me.

If u rip open the baggages of any of the South India (read KERALA) bound flights u will definetly hit upon the following..Tang, Nido, Maggi Coconut Milk powder this one was always baffling to me, coconut milk powder to kerala, kinda Thirupathhikkey Laddu funda and invariably 9 outta 10 men wld pick up a Napolean brandy and a Wincarnis from the DUDY FREE....Actually I missed out the gud ol Kerala lungies ...the colorful ones which cld serve the purpose of flourescent reflector at night... absolute optical illusions these were.

Thats abt it for now... time to take off... lemme grab a cuppa cappaccino ...forget it I cant even spell it.. Ill have a tumbler of filter kapi...thats sounds better, Im headed to Chennai mate not Las Vegas...

1 comment:

Hari said...

Yo Geoji!!! Found your blog, courtesy OV. Hilarious dude! Glad to know your sense of humor remains as sharp as it used to be! :D
Btw, if you're on facebook... you can get hooked up a handful of HCEites..or not... :)
Nice seeing ur blog dude. Will chat l8r. :)
Hari
(Hari Rao on facebook) Sasi is listed as Sasi Rao...