Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The Great Indian Democracy...Post 22/7

Im back as promised with the post 22/7 commentary ...The great Indian democracy's week of diarhoea finally ended in a nauseating climax that left a trail of stench as bad as the one emanating from a Sewage Treatment Plant working with a dysfunctional deodorising unit.

I will not write on the happenings of the day inside one of the biggest icons of democracy in the world, the Indian Parliament, cos it will be simply be more dirt.

But at the end of the day, a man of conviction prevailed, thereby saving the Nuclear deal. A deal that cld bring self sufficiency in clean energy to India, energy that would light up the remotest of villages.

A friend of mine recently gave me a feed back that I shld refrain from writing contemporary stuff since these are short lived domestic issues. Well, if this blog and me,were to live for a couple of decades more, I would reminisce on the importance of this day then.

On a lighter note it was a day when the 'Singhs' sang their way to victory and the new bollywood number 'singh is king..., singh is king...' prevailed over 'money money money ...how I look so funny....'

No comments: